NENA Advanced Fire/EMS Dispatch is a course, designed to improve the skills, knowledge, and abilities of Fire and EMS Dispatchers. In many cases, Fire/EMS Dispatchers are provided little training beyond that required to utilize protocol cards—this creates an environment in which Dispatchers are not able to effectively anticipate operational conditions, use critical decision-making skills in regards to these incidents, or provide important and timely information.
This challenge is exacerbated by the fact that serious fire and EMS incidents are rare, especially for Dispatchers and Telecommunicators who operate in a joint-environment. Much of their experience will be law enforcement based—a discipline that, although related to fire/EMS dispatch—is significantly different enough to warrant training and education on the concepts that make it unique.
Through this course, Dispatchers will not only be able to learn vital information about fire and EMS dispatching concepts, they will also learn valuable tools and tricks to make essential decisions more quickly and to improve their awareness and judgment when operating as fire and EMS dispatchers.
Excellence in Dispatch Certificate:
This course is a part of NENA’s Excellence in Dispatch (EID) Certificate. 9-1-1 professionals that complete this and at least two other EID courses within two years will receive the certificate. Click here to learn more.
A few things to consider when registering for an ILO course:
• Each attendee must have their own laptop/computer. Multiple students cannot share computer.
• Use the Zoom link that is sent to the registered email.
• You should have a strong internet connection.
• Have a quiet room, so you can devote your full attention to the course, with no distractions.
• There are a limited number of seats available, so please notify as soon as possible if you can no longer attend.
This course has a cost of:
• 155$ for NENA-Members.
• 215$ for Non-Members of NENA.
Online registration is available until November 14th.
The event will start at 10 am (EST).
To register for this course, click here.