NENA’s Enhanced Caller Management course helps you become a better call taker, enhances your professional skills, and improves outcomes for your agency and the community you serve. From active listening to decision making, local knowledge to performing efficiently in a crisis, the journey to becoming a star performer under the headset starts here.
This exciting course builds upon basic standards, protocols, and policies to help you advance to the next level of 9-1-1 call taking proficiency on your journey towards professional mastery. Topics include: handling infrequent but highly critical events, improving listening skills, and developing a plan to keep your skills growing to meet new challenges.
Excellence in Dispatch Certificate:
This course is a part of NENA’s Excellence in Dispatch (EID) Certificate. 9-1-1 professionals that complete this and at least two other EID courses within two years will receive the certificate. Click here to learn more.
A few things to consider when registering for an ILO course:
• Each attendee must have their own laptop/computer. Multiple students cannot share computer.
• Use the Zoom link that is sent to the registered email.
• You should have a strong internet connection.
• Have a quiet room, so you can devote your full attention to the course, with no distractions.
• There are a limited number of seats available, so please notify as soon as possible if you can no longer attend.
This course has a cost of:
• 155$ for NENA-Members.
• 215$ for Non-Members of NENA.
Online registration is available until November 28th.
This event will start at 10 am (EST).
To register for this event, click here.